Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bombs Drop

I can't bear the news in the evening
I'm going to bed and they're going to war
All of this for
Anyone's guess

Sinners and saints, priests and kings
Are we just using God for our own gain?
What's in a name?
Open your eyes


- OTR

A matter of land or a matter of who's simply right? Who knows. Hamas bombing a few; Israeli armies bombing too many to count. Who's less wrong?

I have no wisdom to offer on this topic. But the link between these Israeli Zionists and 9/11 strikes me as very thoughtful on a most subtle level. It's not the same people (in my opinion)...but it's the same mentality. One singular "chosen" people of God (what bullshit) that are trying to create a world to agree/support with that ideology/mentality/group. And what does this mean? Obliterating the Other.

The Other.

Again, I have no comment on this. Just sadness. And a feeling of anxiety at it's potential complexity. And I'll leave it at that.

1 comment:

Kristen Howerton said...

Actually, it sounds like you do have a comment on it, and it sounds like a very valid observation to me. I

Read this recently, liked what it said:
http://www.conversantlife.com/global-concerns/palestine-1300-israel-13