Wednesday, February 04, 2009

This is My Excavation

As my sister posted, I must post. I, too, seem to find words very powerful. Especially ones that are put together in such a way as to dislodge something deep within me.

I am a johnny-come-lately to most music. I came upon Bon Iver after Mike reviewed them (and according to his blog, he had just recently discovered them as well).

Last night, as I stared at my computer screen entering data, I put Re: Stacks on repeat because it just felt right.

This my excavation and today is Qumran
Everything that happens is from now on

I thought of Mike and Stacy and Ella and how they're about to give birth to their second baby girl. I thought about friends in transition who are landing. I thought about the many stops along the way I've taken.

At the end of the night, I felt very sad and empty. I have fewer and fewer Qumrans. Life is much more full of nuance and everyday spice...less of the big stuff. Or the big stuff seems smaller now. Or I dunno.

I didn't hole up in a cabin in Wisconsin this winter, but I didn't need to. Justin did. And he reconnected with the Ground which is connected to me. Which is how he knew to write these words. He tapped into It. Thanks man.

No comments: