Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Two Life Questions

This morning, Holly and I were chatting about a book cover we are designing. It's a book about living with questions. It prompted us to ask each other what our two life questions are...that is, the two questions that, if answered, would make things alot clearer...or perhaps easier.

It was kind of a knee-jerk, on-the-spot thing...kinda like a Rorschach Test.

Holly answered that her's would be...
• How will I die? (...thinking of Big Fish and how it afforded him freedom...)
• How can I, with the skills/talents I have, bring the most goodness into the world?

Mine were...
• What am I supposed to do with my life?
• How are we to pay for it?

Funny that our questions were so existential and not theological or philosophical. Perhaps this shows what is really important to us.

What are yours?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your life questions summed me up entirely..

Emma said...

i don't know that your questions were not theological... i think in a way, they really are.

i am not sure exactly what my questions would be but one would be something along the lines of:

what is it that stands in the way of me doing what I know I can/should do?

JennO said...

yeah...good thoughts/questions...things that make you go hmmmmm

maria said...

1) Twenty years from now, what will I be happy to have done today?
2) Among the several likely answers to the last question, how do I decide which to do right now???