Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wintertime in Santa Cruz 3

Spent yesterday tasting some fine CA wine and walking the cellar of a
new small-batch winery near Holly's parents' house. I asked if he had
any of his own wine that he'd made in his famed garage. I tasted brand
new Zin, Napa Cab, mountain Syrah and tons of others. We must have
wandered for a couple hours, he and I.

I walked out with 2 2005 Napa Cabs of his that was made from expensive
grapes harvested around Thanksgiving that year! They ended up throwing
away 75% of what they bought. So I have a feeling that this will be a
very good wine.

1 comment:

Emma said...

so weird... i spent a good number of december days in a place called santa cruz too... just happened to be on the other side of the world in bombay, india... so weird the effects of colonisation.