Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Rich Mullins... My Hero

I just finished watching Homeless Man: The Restless Heart of Rich Mullins. Wow. What a man.

I grew up listening to Rich's music. There was a real sense of authenticity and a real lack of pretense in his writings.

Where are the Rich Mullins now? Who are they? I want to be one.

If you haven't seen this video, I could let you borrow it. A friend let me borrow it a long time ago. Or try to find it used.

I guess in a sense this trip we are about to embark on is in the spirit of Rich Mullins... or at least I'd like to think it is.

I am reminded of a saying that goes something like... The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

I want to be born of that Spirit.

2 comments:

Hiew Hong Teck said...

Don't know if you have checked this out ? http://wmedia.buzzplant.com/content/20TCM/RichMullinsTribute.wma
Someone sent it to me and it's a real tribute to the man we love so much.

Denise said...

amen. the video is almost impossible to find though :-(