Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Trees

On Sunday, Holly and I joined the Wilderness Way Community in reflecting on autumn, trees, and what we fear most. After today's walk in Laurelhurst park, I felt this...

Oak
Maple
Ash
Even Pine

Shed their skin
Whether by accident or design
And make
The floor I walk on

Colors...no, more
Essence!
In it's purest state
Death equaling life

The mysterious cycle
Of Summer come Autumn
Prepare for the hibernation
The preservation

Smell changes key
A transposition
From life
To "life"

We say,
"Take it in seasons"
But they do not try
They simply are

Fucking trees
I strive
My whole existence
For their vocation

To be rooted
To protect
To guide
To never need to speak with words

3 comments:

Michael said...

the beauty and joy of watching you be mad at trees
thanks

Raquel said...

yeah.

Anonymous said...

dude - awesome lol