Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day 16: Minneapolis

Ahh. It's like a breath of fresh air to be here...to see old friends (some whom we hardly know, but have some deep connection with; some we've known for a while).

The drive up was uneventful...thank God. I had a flashback from a trip I took here in college. When we were driving back from Minneapolis to CA on that trip, it was raining very hard. At one point, I passed a Tahoe on the left and it spun me out into the median, deep in water. I remember Glenn Krake getting out of the car, standing knee-deep in muck, and pushing the car while I spun the tires with the accelerator pedal.

I remembered that today as it rained on us in Northern Iowa and Southern Minnesota. It freaked me out.

But we arrived safe and sound...and very happy. Opened the doors to fall leaves, 55' evening weather, and friends. It was magical. Lovely.

We are so lucky to be on this trip. We are so lucky to have friends spread out across the US. What could seem a curse (if you never travel) is a great blessing to us.

We play 2 shows in Minneapolis this week...Tuesday night @ the Van Steenwyks and Wednesday @ Abbey Way Covenant Church. Check out the cobalt season dot com for more info about the shows.

It's doubtful that you'll read this in time...but they are streaming the service live right now...perhaps you'll catch a song or two of ours!

1 comment:

Makeesha said...

I saw Doug's post about ustream about an hour too late ... they're lucky to have you up there in Minn-ee-soh-tah ;)