Monday, November 05, 2007

Day 36: Durham, North Carolina

It was sad to leave our friends up north in Baltimore and DC, but we left feeling very refreshed. And the 5+ hour drive south wasn't so bad. Still seeing beautiful colors along the freeway. I have a feeling that might change when we begin to head south from NC (but perhaps I'm wrong).

We joined Emmaus Way last night. It was really fun to work with Wade, Tim, and Dale Baker (the former drummer for Sixpence None The Richer). We performed Begin Again at their gathering, Dale and Wade adding some lovely spice. Then Holly and I did a concert afterwards that was really nice.

Pax woke this morning at 3am and screamed until 4.15am. Then he pretty much woke for good around 5.30am. Geez.

I'll say this: Mike mentioned the other day that "now I understand what you mean when Paxton screams. Wow." It feels nice to be understood. The kiddo has a will that is nearly unbendable. But I love him for that. It will take him places.

The Stavlunds put up some great pics here. I'll add to it later today / tonight / tomorrow / whenever. For now, we play a show in Rustburg, VA...near Liberty University. Eek!

No comments: