Friday, April 20, 2007

Our Garden-in-Process

We spent a good deal of time Sunday and Monday turning over soil again, "treating" it with cornmeal (an organic weed-preventer apparently), and making mounds. Oh, and we planted some stuff.

Let's see: Watermelons, Squash (Green and Yellow), Cucumbers, Turnips, Beets, Broccoli, Green Onions, Cherry Tomatoes, Heirloom Tomatoes, Beans, Lettuce, and perhaps something else that I cannot remember.

Dan and Bethany Gregory (new friends in SF) helped us till and plant. They're also constructing a worm bin for composting. Mmm.

I've been watering the seed-mounds everyday, waiting for emergence. Soon, I'm told by the seed packets. 10-12 days for most seed germination to occur.

Honestly, I'll be beside byself if this garden actually produces. For being as "hopeful" as I am about the earth providing what we need, I am deeply cynical of my own abilities. We shall see.



No comments: