Thursday, November 04, 2004

life as a 'to do' list...

...sucks...

do you live this way?... i try not to, but it is a hard habit to break...

like i am right now watching 'six feet under' season 2, disc 2 and i am itchin' to get this episode over so i can get to the next one so i can get to the next one so i can put the dvd back into the sleve and mail it back to netflix...

is this screwed up or what?...

i love to get things done... it somehow verifies my very existence...

and this is partly why a weekly sabbath is very challenging for me... cause i feel validated when i have gotten things done...

but then, when there is _so_ much to do, i don't do anything... cause i am like depressed about being defined by that that i do... but i am not defined that way...

anyone else confused?... maybe i shouldnt drink wine in the afternoon anymore...

1 comment:

nathan said...

I live that way. I also have reverse add or something. I suck at multitasking. I have to do one thing at a time, or i perish. The worst kind of laziness is the sort I'm exhibiting right now. I'm at the computer during work hours, typing this tripe instead of working on one of three projects that are all due next week. Later, I'll be sick of sitting in front of the computer, and I'll want to do something else, though very little actual work was accomplished. Maybe I should start drinking wine in the afternoon.