Wednesday, November 03, 2004

sad day...

[pardon the rant...]



today has honestly been a bummer day for us here at 814 n. the strand in o-side...

i have listened to kerry's concession speech and got teary-eyed... i just cannot believe this is happening... and then to realize that it is now a republican-led senate... and to hear bush ask for us to 'come together'... what?...

to me, this is a sad state of affairs... and i am not represented in this country... obviously...

bush is not my president... and canada is looking like a better option every day...

my sister has some brilliant thoughts on this as well... and dave lemen's thoughts as well as jen lemen's friend joi's thoughts... and will's sentiments...

'why so downcast oh my soul?'

...because great crusades are being done again in the name of christ and people are being oppressed by religion again... and again and again...

[or am i being over-dramatic?... yah probably a bit... just a little bit...]

3 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan...
Sorry it's been such a down day. Seriously though.. Bush IS your president. ;) If you DO go to canada, wait til I'm done recording. Have a better one man. PEACE

On a serious note, I feel ya, in a way. So, I make fun but also mean well.

Ryan Lee Sharp said...

what can i say?... you guys are right...

i mean, resorting to name-calling and slamming is pretty low...

i retract my statement that george is a dumb-ass... but he is still not my president...

Dreama said...

come to Canada! You'll love it here! And I do think George is a dumb ass. Thankfully he is not MY country's leader. I think many Americans will come to regret voting for him in the coming days.

anyhow, come to Canada!