Sunday, January 28, 2007

Update on our Hard Drive

Oh god. I just got this email.

The drive is attempting one last try. It looks like the heads at rest are ok. However, when scanning the whole drive, it fails to find data. It is recoverable but I suspect the heads will have to be replaced. The minimum for this is about $1000. The average runs about $1800. It could be much worse but I don't know if it is worth it to you.


Please pray/sing/send love/breath some goodness and health out our way. Please.

2 comments:

Will said...

Well, you don't want me to sing, but I am definitely praying / sending love / breathing goodness and health your way.

I have experienced a similar loss. It totally sucks.

brian c. berry said...

bro. long time. found your blog through another link. congrats on the new baby. I'll pray for this hard drive scenario.

I dumped an entire cup of coffee on my laptop a year ago. $3000 mistake. I'll pray your hard drive is cheaper and easier to recover.

Brian