Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why I Just Disabled Anonymous Comments

This is a blog, a place for conversation, and of course, for keeping up with me, my views, and my life. I encourage comments and I have even allowed anonymous comments (mainly for friends without any sort of blog/gmail account), but due to the last few comments about me cooking/eating lamb, I have decided to turn anonymous comments off.

Here's the thing, you may disagree with how I live my life, perceive my world, etc. And that's fine...even great! But to attack me from behind a one-way mirror is plain rude. I would never do that in real life. And I would never do that in a public forum like a blog.

If you (my readers) disagree with me and want to put some energy into a thoughtful response to a post/picture/thought/what-have-you, please do so, but give me (and other readers) some context instead of being a nameless heckler.

I mean, Kevin/anonymous, do I know you? Do you know me? Are we involved in each other's lives? Is this a conversation you'd have with me over coffee or are you just looking to get some aggression out against someone with a different viewpoint than yours?

3 comments:

Katie Harris said...

i think lamb is delicious

kristi said...

just wanted you to know that i just ordered the gourmet slow cooker cookbook and can't WAIT to make some delish meals out of it! side note: lamb probably won't be on the list, but not because i have any moral opposition to it...we just don't eat it for some reason.

thanks for the recommendation!

DJ Word said...

"Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold. Oh, I'll accommodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine." From Kitchen Confidential, p. 70.