Monday, April 04, 2005

What I Believe

NPR is starting a new (actually restarting an old) series called, "This I Believe." It is a chance for people to explain the values and principles and perhaps faith that guides their lives. Heard some snippets this morning.

If you go to NPR.org and type in "This I Believe" (or just click here) you can write your own 600-word essay and submit it.

Here is a snippet from one of the ones I heard this morning...

"This is my youthful philosophy, a simple, liberal and optimistic feeling, though I fear I shall lose some of it as I become more adult. Already, the thought that the traditional thinkers might be right, after all, and I wrong, has made me waver. Still, these are my beliefs at sixteen. If I am mistaken, I am too young to realize my error. Sometimes, in a moment of mental despair, I think of the words, 'God loves an honest doubter,' and I am comforted."

No comments: