Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Will Nails It

Seriously. Read the whole post.

Some of you feel that I give George Bush a tougher beating than other politicians. You're right. I do, in large part because he made himself an archetype for the American Church and his actions interpret the gospel whether some of us like that or not. His very words, statements like the following, 'When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as the savior, it changes your heart.' (ref.) place him as a symbol for the Church in the eyes of so many who have no concept of Jesus. He made his faith an issue. Many of us now simply call him to live to the standard he himself has set and say, 'I'm sorry'.

I am tired of the rhetoric used to rally nationalism under multiple false pretenses and at the root of all, fear. I am tired of the blind support for this man. I just wish he would admit wrong. This whole 'tough guy' mentality is just too much and is not Christ-like whatsoever. Seriosly George, own up.

1 comment:

The Shib said...

thats a great post.