Friday, April 25, 2008

Leaving Los Angeles

Today we take off to head south to San Diego. And I'll tell you what: Despite it's traffic and somewhat plastic culture (at least that I've observed across the decade I spent near here), LA ain't so bad. I guess it's all in who you know and where you stay. It's been wonderful to have friends in Santa Monica, Hollywood, Pasadena, Augora Hills, etc. LA ain't so bad.

And on another positive note, we coerced Paxton into sleeping until 7.40am!!! He woke at 4.40am and we said, "Uh-un, no you ain't." And he's all, "Well, I'm still kinda tired." And we're all, "You better believe you are." And then he put his head back down and went to sleep...until 7.40am. Wow. What a morning. Grabbed cappuccinos at Sabor y Cultura and now are headed to the minivan to pile in and head south.

I tried to stream the show last night, but it was fraught with complications. Still, I hope some of you were able to join for a few songs. And seriously, if you saw the show (or our album release party), can you comment or email me to inform me as to quality and whatnot? I'm shooting in the dark here.

We might try to stream another show or two on the tour. I'll keep you posted.

Ah, to a day off!

4 comments:

ashdown said...

the album release show was great - a little dark, but i could still make you and holly out in the frame, the audio was great and video was good as well - a little sluggish at times, but not very often.

the show last night sounded amazing. only problem was i couldnt see anything. the stage was entirely black. the girl playing piano before cam through perfect - then came the craziness - i heard pieces of water rising and thats about it. again - sounds good - cant see anything.

looking forward to more! enjoy the beach!

maria said...

I shouldn't say this online, but... if Miranda wakes up before 8am, we feel gypped. Of course, we put her down at 9:00-9:30. But still, reading your blog makes me feel pampered.

yazz said...

i dig santa monica. i was just there. missed you guys by a hair. hope you're well!

the nygrens said...

ashdown has it: sounded great, could not see a thing. maybe, in low light, bring the camera closer to the stage so it can pick up as much light as possible.

we streamed artlovemagic tonight and found out that having someone to monitor the "volume" on the recorder popup is a good idea. the clipping factor can be a pain.

experiment with some proximity.

would love some feedback as well. http://ustream.tv/artlovemagic