Sunday, February 10, 2008

Get Thee Behind Me, Flu!

My flu / sinus infection / general bad vibes seem to be behind me now. This morning I woke up feeling almost normal. I will have my first cup of coffee in a week.

Unfortunately, Holly got something last night...I think it might have been mild food poisoning. Whatever it was, the abdominal pain kept her up well into the night. I think around 4-5am, she remembers the pain minimizing to allow for a couple naps here and there. She's still resting now.

We take off in about 2 hours for a couple nights in the Sierras. We're going with a few friends up to the mountains to taste wine, commune with nature, generally feel better, relax, and see if there's any affordable 10-acre plots perfect for growing Zin. We'll see.

Paxton is heading down to Grammy and Poppa's in Santa Cruz for 2 nights. I love that boy, but I will be grateful for a little time away again. I'm sure I'll miss him like crazy by the time the weekend is over, but for now, I'd like to play at being real adults again. Pre-parenthood adults, that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better.

My boss has been out of commission since Thursday, and he found out he has influenza A. Which is like the flu, but worse.

Cheers.