Sunday, February 03, 2008

Why oh Why?

I just finished WHY WE FIGHT, a documentary about America, war, empire, the military-industrial complex, etc.

[sigh]

Sometimes I don't know why I watch stuff like this. I already live with a huge sense of anxiety. But still I'm drawn to that which makes me think and feel restless, those things that cause me to think (and hopefully live) differently.

It's quite the film.

And partner that with McLaren's latest book which I'm reading. I just read the chapter on military spending and the myth of strategic sufficiency. Wow.

If you want to have your mind blown and your heart broken open, check these two things out.

1 comment:

aurora bender said...

i'm taking a class this quarter about environmental norms of international politics. long way of saying, how do changes in the way we look at the environment and our relationship to it. omnivore's dilemma is required reading. i'll have to talk more about it when you guys get up here. very interesting discussions in class.