Friday, March 25, 2005

Leaving Thailand Tomorrow

Forgive my lack of posting the last couple days, but the last 48 hours have been a bit of a whirlwind... Holly and I ventured down to Phi-Phi Don and ended up staying there because they needed extra volunteers...

After clearing out someone's home that was soiled by the tsunami, laying brick to build a wall for a laundrymat and cleaning dishes for a small restaurant owner, we are beat... oh, and add to that several hours of travel time with great discussions along the way. I have been more vocal and articulate about my faith in God's good work in the world than I have been ever before in my life. And it has come in such a natural way... something is going on out here.

It's funny also because my critique of America's policies and understandings of Christianity have won me great encouragement from people... people saying things like, "Oh thank you that you showed me that there are other kinds of Americas... or Christians..." Wow. God be praised.

So, more tomorrow when I have time. Now some rest. Good night (and good morning to you)...

No comments: