Thursday, February 10, 2005

Emerging Friendships

The emergent events (gatherings, conventions, etc.) have meant a great deal to me over the last 2 years... to me and to Holly. The events have been less about the event and more about who I know that is going to be there... what friends I will get to see. These people who might or might not call me friend back (I'd like to think that most of them claim me) have become a preserving agent in my life.

After this event, we got a chance to do lunch with Doug and Shelly, Jay and Jen, Michael Toy. Then Michael came up our way and got to see our place. Wonderful to have people see where you live and exist for like 95% of the time (particularly since we work from home most of the time).

The next day the Scandrette family came up our way on their way back to the bay. Mark made some nice comments on how we really 'inhabit' our space well, and that it didn't seem to messy even though I kept commenting on how much crap there was there. We snapped a photo just before they took off.



Isaiah's shing moment on film, no?

The next day I got an email from Jason Evans, and we hooked up just days later. Wonderful human being.

Anyways, just thought I'd remind folks (and myself outloud) why emergent has become so important to me... not just because of the new concepts that I subscribe to or the new ways of living as a human being that I try to be, but because it has provided incredible friends for the journey.

1 comment:

Randy Buist said...

Ryan,
GLAD that you connected with Jason Evans. He's been a friend for a couple of years now, and he has much to offer those of us on this emerging journey.
Blessings Friend,
randy buist