Monday, February 28, 2005

Life Or Something Like it

Not the movie. My life...

It has been a rather emotional week (as some of my previous posts might imply). The weekend was no less chaotic and emotionally all over the place.

Here's a little catch-up: On Ash Wednesday, I announced to the folks of Anchor Point that I was planning on 'wrapping up' this home-church-kind-of-thing by the end of Spring for various reasons, not the least of which I had felt for a long time that it was going in some unhealthy directions (myself included). At any rate, another family meeting was held this last Friday to continue the (or really open the topic up to) discussion. It was a difficult, but good night.

I commented to Holly the next day that we should not mistake last night for a 'everything is better now' kind of thing, but that it was just the beginning of our coming to grips with our group's brokenness and healing is just beginning to start taking place.

At any rate, we are all seeking God to see what he would have us all to do... individually and communally.

Saturday evening, Holly and I got to hang with some new friends (Jason and Brooke Evans). Wonderful people really. We did Thai dinner where we realized (again) that we had several mutual friends and that this person we are looking for in Thailand (Rose) is someone they are connected to. Wow. That's encouraging.

Following dinner, we went to the Vagina Monologues. This is a good piece of art that is both hilarious and disturbing... entertaining and informative. Not necessarily for the faint of heart, but something I would recommend to you perhaps...

Sunday came, and I went with the boys to the swap meet to look at a bunch of junk. That is my mother in me. I grew up garage-sale-ing every weekend. Good fun.

Then last night, hooked up with Jesse and Paula (some of the Clover kids) to do the Journey service up in Orange County.

All in all, a very tiring last few days. Tonight we head up to the Viper Room to see Deccatree play. Sweet.

No comments: