Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 13: San Antonio to Dallas (again, via Waco)

Waco. Geez. Interesting place. Emma, I cannot believe you spent so many years here. A single foot step into their TRUETT SEMINARY and I was well aware that this was not home.

Anyway, the show at the Soupisets was lovely. What stellar, gracious hosts. And what an enchanted evening.



We left after Paul made us some pancakes...headed north on I-35. Mark sat with Pax in the back as Pax bemoaned his belted-down existence for about 30 minutes. Then we all enjoyed some silence on our 4+ hour drive north toward Irving for our show at The Hatch at my home church, Irving Bible.



It was another great evening. My mom watched over Pax as he slept and Holly and I sang our hearts out, accompanied by Russ and Shannon and 2 screens worth of KOYANNASQUATSI. Shawn O'Reilly read a few poems: One he had written, two from Wendell, and a cut-to-the-heart piece of Thoreau. Russ captured several great shots here.




Tomorrow we head north. We stop in/around Wichita, KS tomorrow night for an evening of rest. Saturday we'll head to Omaha for a house show. We finally pause for a few days in Minneapolis as of Sunday. Ahh....cooler weather!

1 comment:

russ said...

Hey... it was a great night in the Hatch! And fun to get to play with you on a few songs... I can't believe I actually played those songs without screwing up too bad. :-)

Love you guys.

-Russ